Tip your Head Upside down - Shaking and Running Fingers through the Hair to Loosen Curls
1. Comb through clean, dry hair so that it is tangle-free.
2. Spritz your hair all over with a heat-protective spray to prevent the tongs from scorching or drying out your hair.
3. Working with a small section of hair at a time, place the tongs at the end and wind back up to the root. Hold for a few seconds, then release. Repeat the action with all of your hair.
4. Alternatively, for a softer curl, place the tongs near the root and wrap the hair round the barrel of the tongs until you reach the end.
5. For a spiral wind, using small-barreled tongs, take smaller sections of hair and wind from the ends up to the roots while holding the tongs vertically.
6. This is how a spiral wind finish looks when it has been applied to the whole head.
7. When all your hair is curled as you want it, tip your head upside down and shake to loosen curls.
8. If desired, loosen again by running your fingers through the hair, then spritz with hairspray for hold.